Here are some great tips on easier stain removal.
- It is important to clean up stains as quickly as possible, and having the right equipment on hand is essential. First scoop up solids and then blot up as much liquid as possible. This is best done with a clean white toweling cloth (face washer or cloth nappy) or white paper towel will suffice if you do not have a cloth.
- Never apply cleaning agents directly to the carpet. Apply your spot removal agent to the clean white towel and then and gently dab clean. Rinse with cold or luke warm water but do not saturate the carpet.
- Remember to prevent permanent pile distortion never rub or scrub carpet. Only dab.
- Dry the area by dabbing with an absorbent material like white paper toweling or use a cool fan to completely dry the area. Do not walk on the area until it is completely dry.
Frequent vacuuming is the best way to ensure the long life of your carpet. By vacuuming once a week and more often in heavy traffic areas you will remove soil and prevent dirt particles from being trodden into the carpet. You cannot over vacuum so start vacuuming the day your carpet is installed and then vacuum regularly to keep it looking like new.
Top 3 Tips For Great Looking Carpet
- Vacuum regularly
- Remove spills and treat stains immediately
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year
Spot Removal Chart
Type of treatment
- Cold water
- Detergent solution
- Laundry detergent (non biological, no enzymes)
- Solvent – use only on dry carpet
- Chill with aerosol freezing or ice cubs in a plastic bag
- Vinegar solution
- Warm water
- Clear nail polish remover without lanolin
- Alcohol, eg. Isocol
- Rust remover (professional use only)
- Mineral turpentine
- Ammonia solution
- Clear household disinfectant
- Baking soda, scoop up and vacuum
|Colas and Soft Drinks||1||2|
|Gravy & Sauces||7||2||13|
|Ink (fountain pen)||1||2|
|Ink (ball point)||4||9||2|
|Ink (felt tip)||7||2||8|
Contact Us Now
Call us NOW on 8644 3149 (Adelaide & Whyalla) or 0411 557 501 (Mobile) for a free quote or use the Contact form and we’ll get right back to you.